Last Updated: July 8, 2019
Information We Collect
TAOS Data collects personal information from you in various ways, including when you visit the Site, create an account with us, purchase, and use our programs, participate in our social media communities, such as on Twitter, and when you send us feedback.
The personal information we collect about you personally may include:
- Your name and contact details;
- Company name;
- Your stated and inferred interests;
- Credit card details;
- Your activities on the site.
Cookies and Automatic Collection of Data
When you visit this site, your browser may be momentarily directed to the website of an ad server or other third party service provider. This re-direction process will not be apparent to you. These third party websites automatically receive your IP address when this happens, and they may also collect information from your interaction with our Site including computer and connection information, standard web log information, and ad information. Such information does not identify you individually.
Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. We do not modify your online experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Use of Information We Collect
We may use your personal information for multiple internal and external purposes, including but not limited to:
- operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- to provide customer service;
- provide and to facilitate the delivery of products and services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, training, and support and administrative messages;
- enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat fraud, spam, malware or other network and/or information security risks;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance and personalize your experience and enjoyment when using our Sites, products, and services;
- to send you marketing and promotional communications (where this is in accordance with your marketing preferences);
- to communicate with you about one of our events or our partner events;
- respond to your comments or questions or provide information requested by you;
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs, provide you with better service, or to prevent fraud;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- process your information for other legitimate business purposes, such as customer surveys, data analysis, audits, collecting and assessing feedback, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing and customer relationships.
If your relationship with TAOS Data ends, TAOS Data will continue to treat your personal information, to the extent we retain it, as described in this policy.
Sharing of Collected Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- where it has been de-identified, including through aggregation or anonymization;
- if applicable, when you instruct us to do so;
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with TAOS Data affiliates, for example we may share your information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliates. In such case the information will be processed as otherwise described in this Notice;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work. Unless explictly stated, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes;
- with third party business partners, such as distributors, and/or referral partners, that are involved in providing services to our prospects and/or customers, to fulfill product and information requests and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about TAOS Data and its products and services.
- in order to protect any individual’s vital interests, but only where we believe it necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any business transfer, merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company
If you believe that TAOS Data may be processing data about you and wish to have access to that information, we can provide you with that data or at least an explanation of why we cannot do so in the particular context, such as if responding to the request would be unreasonably expensive.
Please also let us know if you have any questions, concerns, disputes, or issues. We are always open to dialogue to resolve issues. If your concerns cannot be resolved, we can enter into appropriate third-party neutral dispute resolution. If you need to reach us about a privacy or data protection issue, please contact us using the contact information below.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
We take all reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information. The measures we take to protect your personal information while processing may include: physical access controls, encryption, internet firewalls, intrusion detection and network monitoring depending on the nature of the information and the scope of processing. Our staff who may have access to your information are required to keep that information confidential.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If such changes are material in nature we will provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the main website page or sending you an email notification).